Tools of Freedom
Alternative to fake-democracy
NB: There is no personal freedom without public
1. The right to call referenda by 50-100
000/200 000 signatures (law/ constitution) without a quorum for validity,
forbidden questions and other cunning constraints in procedure. (NO to the wall of 400 000 signatures collected in 3
months, NO to unallowed questions, NO to quorum
2. Right to call referenda in the EU by
3 000 000 signatures, collected in 18 months in 7+ member-states (proportionally
to the number of population).
3. Right of legislative initiative for citizens
by 50 000, resp. by 1 000 000 signatures in EU (collected in 12
months in 6+ member-states by all means, incl. Internet) on ALL legislative
issues, incl. EUnion treaties with state-funded
drafting of alternative legislation by paid CIVIC FORUMS of 100-200
citizens selected by lot from a list of educated volunteers, assisted by
4. Right to collect signatures and vote online in
Bulgaria and the EU.
5. RIGHT to recall all elected public officials
in Bulgaria and EU by 20 000-30 000, resp. 200 000-300 000 signatures (collected
in at least 10 Member States proportionally to the number of population).
6. Direct access to public airwaves by open
phones in prime time daily with civic control in studio – both in Bulgaria
and the EU.
7. Direct election of heads and members of
executive boards of public radio and TV
+ the members of the Council for Electronic Media (the ”ministry of
truth”) after rising the number of their members up to 25-30 including
representatives of science and culture.
8. Right of the citizens to ‘produce’ NEWS by
500-1000 signatures broadcasted for two days in all news emissions of
public and mainstream media.
9. Direct election and recall by the citizens
of prosecutors, judges and the heads of the police stations in Bulgaria and
relevant EU courts and the other relevant institutions.
10. 12-18 civic jurors selected by lot with
deciding in cases of serious crimes and high public interest.
11. Direct election and recall by citizens of
some ministers (finance, education, justice) and commissioners
in the European Commission.
12. Civic monitoring of all public
institutions, e.g. prosecution, judicial inspectorate, public media by
volunteers selected by lot from open lists.
13. Majority civic quota selected by lot in
central and regional Electoral Commissions. (Counting votes without citizens is a crime!)
14. GENERAL ASSEMBLIES (clubs, societies) in
neighborhoods and polling sections connected each to each without parties,
NGOs and other mediators negotiating demands and joint action nationally,
in the EU (NO GNGOs
and “round tables” with pass for
15. Security neighborhood groups elected by the
citizens in small localities.
16. Compulsory basic and civic education. (illiterates are dough in others’ hands)
17. Every educated citizen serves a period (6
months) in public agencies – ministries, municipalities, customs, etc.
selected by lot.
18. Right to state-funded public opinion polls
by 1000, resp. 10 000 signatures in Bulgaria and EU.
19. Right of citizens to directly refer to the
changes in Constitution, EU treaties and laws concerning elections,
referendums and other forms of direct involvement of citizens in public
government are submitted to people’s vote in referenda.
ADD your idea!
Civic Participation and
Direct Democracy Society, Sofia